Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's getting better (sort of) by the minute

We're fast approaching 4 months since Finn was born and things seem to be getting better, maybe those veteran "true adults" were on to something. Before you try and fetch your phone out of the gutter or think you might have some "you" time, let me elaborate. I liken parenthood to running a marathon every day without ever having run a day in your life. Now that it's been several months, I've grown a little more accustomed to the pace....I might even be close to hitting my stride. I'm still running a marathon everyday, but now I've had 4 months of training! It's not that things have necessarily have gotten easier mind you, but my pain threshold has increased. Carrying around an 8-10 pound watermelon doesn't wear you out as much after you've done 600,000 times. Waking up early or operating on little sleep isn't as difficult to do anymore either. So now that I am up to par with the initial demands of parenthood, let me explain why it is truly becoming better (not easier!). Finn rolled over for the first time the other day, and I must admit that was the most amazing event since his birth. Finn has become more aware of his surroundings, making it a much more enjoyable experience for us...more particularly, me. It seems all the sleepless nights and sore backs are beginning to pay off. He's starting to raise his little baby butt and scoot; it won't be long and he'll be crawling! He smiles when you smile, and coos when you coo. He wakes up grinning ear to ear and doesn't cry nearly as often. His personality is beginning to show, and he's finally becoming HUMAN! It makes all the hard work worth it. Now, if everything continues to progress, I should be eating my words in a few weeks when he starts teething...

No comments:

Post a Comment